Friday, July 31, 2009

A Box For Your Thoughts!

Today I would like to share a book box that I altered. It's a paper mache box I purchased online. It opens like a book to reveal a niche inside for notes or other small items. Sadly, we have had several ladies in our community widowed in the past months. I made these boxes with inspirational poems inside and out as well as note paper for their thoughts and prayers. The box was colored with, of all things, shoe polish! It gave the paper a rich worn look. I then decoupaged the images on the front and the back. I added a twisted paper ribbon as an accent. Hope this offers a little inspiration for you, too! Blessings to you!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Vicki, what a beautiful and very thoughtful gift. I know the ladies appreciated them! You did a fabulous job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box, and what a thoughtful and generous idea to give these boxes as gifts to your friends who are in need. I sure that they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the book box. Dont you just love these???I

    Hope you will join us for our 1st ever KL Stampin N scrappin BLOG HOP!! There will be some free goodies to win along your hop!!!:)

    Have a wonderful day hun!
    Hugs,
    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful job you did on your box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. vicki..this box is so lovely
    TFS!
    michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boxes are just beautiful and I'm sure the ladies who receive them will love them. Wonderful idea for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project and a thoughtful gift. You have such good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really cool! Great job - another fabulous altered idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative idea, these are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such a wonderful and heartfelt idea. I am sure the ladies were doubly blessed by your thoughtfulness and kindness. I love how you decorated them and the verses inside are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki, this is so awesome! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! What a thoughtful gift for someone in need of some encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicki, your box is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!