Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rev It Up!

Hello Everyone!
I thought I would give the paper crafts a rest for today and share a cake I made for our pastor's birthday. He rides a motorcycle so I couldn't resist this image I found. No, I'm not an artist by any means!! I add images to cakes by printing them off on freezer paper! The wax side down makes for easier removal when you are ready to slice the cake. And freezer paper is much more accessable as well as cheaper than rice paper! Give it a try! I would love to see a pic of your work! Please email me or leave a comment with a link!! Sharing ideas is what makes crafting so much fun and so rewarding! Thanks for the visit and come by again soon! Blessings to you!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. very cute cake!!! Hope you have a very nice day!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous cake!!! I'm sure your pastor loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making cakes too, awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your minister had to love this cake!! How fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´ve done a post in my blog about your great idea, here is
    http://elizabethpujalka.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-was-visiting-beautiful-crafty-blog.html

    I hope you like it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to decorate a cake. It sounds like something I could attempt! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool idea! I might just have to try that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a FAB idea, bet he loved it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog! I thought I would come check out your's and I am So glad I did! This cake is a great idea!! I am not sure which I like better...cards or cake...hmmm! I'll have to try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought of doing something like that - what a fabulous idea! Very cute cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool idea! (I found you via Soft Pencil.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good idea with the freezer paper! I will have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! This is great cake I'm sure he loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!