Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday on the Lake

Hi Folks! This is the birthday cake I made for my granddaughter, Tori, for her 5th birthday! She had a swimming party at a nearby lake so she wanted a "lake cake"! It was a perfect day with beautiful weather, a sanded beach and shallow water, a cool breeze and even a fish or two jumping! She and her friends played for hours and only came out of the water for snacks and cake, of course! Her cake is half chocolate, half strawberry (her favorites) and frosted with buttercream frosting. I made the beach chairs and flip flops out of craft foam colored with Sakura gel pens. The animals and the little girl were from a "Polly Pocket" set. The "beach" is frosting covered with brown sugar. I used foliage from around my house to mimic the trees around the lake.The birthday banner was printed on the computer. I was thrilled when we arrived at the site and the cake had "travelled well". Thanks for letting me share this special day for our family. I would love to see and hear about your special cakes, too! Bountiful blessings to you all!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Great job on the cake!! I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great cake!
    I took Wilton's Cake Decorating Levels one and two, but haven't done much of anything for cakes since. I think my husband is grateful - he'd just end up eating most of it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cake...awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome cake. Can't show my kids, they'd be so jealous...they always get store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How talented you are!! That is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cake!
    I am sure your grand daughter loved it.
    You've done a great job on the decoration... what an artist!

    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. vicki..you remind me of me..and the things i sued to do when my daughter was little.. (I miss those days)...

    ive got quite a wait to become a grandma..but i look forward to doing all of this sort of thing again down the road!
    the cake is wonderful!
    TFS!
    michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is really neat! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cake! I bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great cake!! I'm sure your granddaughter loved it!! I'm sure everyone talked about your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So cute! I love all the details! Your granddaughter is a very lucky little girl to have such a talented grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! That's an awesome cake! I bet your granddaughter just loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!