Saturday, July 18, 2009

You're In My Thoughts.....

Hello all! I'm sharing a sympathy card today. A simple looking card but several steps to complete. I started by embossing the card base. I then stamped the tree and colored it with Prismacolors. After I finished coloring it, I went over it with a Versamark pen and used clear embossing powder. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the shine is there. I added the sentiment in Chestnut Roan chalk ink. Just a simple card to let the family know we're thinking of them. Have a blessed day!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Simple, elegant and beautiful! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this,it is gorgeous. love the simple white with this gorgeous tree that almost jumps out at you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Michelle, it's a very elegant card.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty and elegant card. It truly fits the occasion it was made for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that you needed to make a sympathy card, but you certainly made it beautiful and I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. I love your cuttlebug background. I have that one and I hardly every use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, just perfect for a symapathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Vicki!! Love the CBd background. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and I love the embossing on this, and your tree:)

    Hope you have wonderful day!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty card. Sympathy cards are hard and I think simple and striking are best. That tree is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job!! Love the color contrast of the white and green! TFS ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. From far away your tree looks so "fluffy"! Great job on making it look so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tree!

    I have an award for you on my blog.

    Carol
    Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
    http://extremecards.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!