Friday, April 29, 2011
Good Morning Friends!
Yay! The weekend is here! After a terrible weather week here in our area, I am looking forward to some calm Spring weather this weekend! Beautiful today with sunshine and a cool breeze! Even the animals seem calmer and happier!
I had been asked to create some masculine birthday cards. Today I would like to share one of them with you. I tend to keep masculine cards simpler but with an extra touch or two.
This project started with a My Mind's Eye card base. This particular base put me in the mind of a man's vest. Keeping it simple, I rounded the outside corners and sponged the outside edge with Really Rust craft ink. The pocket watch is stamped in the same ink and outlined with gold metallic pen. The "hands" on the watch are tool brads. I used a Hero Arts stamp for the greeting and used the Cuttlebug and Labels Four die to cut it out. I also used the gold pen around this layer. The sentiment inside was computer generated. I thought about adding more embellishments but decided I liked the clean look for an older gentleman's card.
I hope your week has gone well! Are you ready for a new month and Mother's Day? I sure am! April has been hectic to say the least! Spring really came in like a lion for us this year! Now I am ready for some "lamb" days!
Thank you for stopping by today! Your visits always bring a smile and leave me with a happy heart! Please come back again soon!
Blessings to you,
Monday, April 25, 2011
I am feeling pretty spiffy right now! A new friend and now blogging buddy, has blessed me with a blog award! Thank you, Susan! Be sure to check out Susan's blog, Cricut and Grasshopper! She has wonderful cards, layouts, tips and projects on her blog!
There are a few goodies that come along with this award.
The rules for the Stylish Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave the award, and link back to their blog.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award to 8 individuals.
4. Leave a comment so they can pass on the recognition
I have no problem with #1, 3, and 4. It's that #2 that gives me pause. Oh, I can share 8 things; but, I am afraid they aren't anything news worthy...lol! So, in the spirit of the award....
1. I am Southern born and love it! If I can't remember someone's name, it's ok! You are all "Honey" and "Sweetie" to us anyway!
2. When I am not in the craft room, I am in the kitchen. Cooking is my passion!
3. My pet peeve is lack of manners! It takes so little to be respectful and nice to people.
4. I am one of seven generations to live in "the ol' home place". Yep, I live in a house that's over a hundred years old! The windows rattle, the floors all slope (in different directions) and some of the window sills are a foot deep where the windows were cut out of the logs!
5. I have worked in many and varied fields, but my favorite is "professional volunteer"!
6. I would love to own and operate my own tea room!
7. I am a tool junkie!
8. God is most important in my life! Only with His love and grace can I do all other things!
Now, to pass this along to eight other friends! It's hard to narrow down the list. So many of my blogging friends qualify for this award!
1. Mary Griffiths - http://mystampinhide-away.blogspot.com/
2. Peggy Marsh -http://thewiredangel.blogspot.com/
3. Maria Matter-http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/
4. Karen Howe Murray-http://www.papercraftmemories.com/
5. Gina Flowers Lindsay-http://ginasmakingsandmusings.blogspot.com
6. Carrie Clovis Lipovich-http://stampsscrapsandscissors.blogspot.com/
7. Chris Dickinson-http://www.chrissyd723.blogspot.com/
8. Sue Walsh-http://a-consuming-passion.blogspot.com/
These ladies all have awesome blogs and amazing talent! Now, Ladies, don't hate me for sending you this award! You deserve it and I am looking forward to reading about you!! And, yes, I understand payback is the dickens...lol!
I want to thank Susan again for including me in this award! She sure knows how to make a girl feel special!
Thanks to all of you for stopping by! Always a treat to have company! Hope everyone has a great week filled with many blessings!
Blessings to you,
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Hello and Welcome to the Facebook Design DIVAS OBG Blog Hop!
The DIVAS are an eclectic group of ladies who love to fellowship and craft. We have this blog hop the third Wednesday of each month. We hope you will join us today and come back in the future to share in our fun and inspiration!
The theme for the hop is Oldies but Goodies! Our challenge is to use materials that are at least six months old and, more than likely, sadly neglected over time.
This is your first stop on the hop today and my card meets the criteria for the challenge from start to finish! I know sympathy cards are not ones we like to make necessarily, but they are needed for those we want to share our love and sympathy with.
I started with a white card base and layered patterned paper on the front. This paper has a beautiful floral pattern and I used a gold pen to outline and raise the flowers. I used a scalloped edge punch for the sides and distressed all the edges. The sentiment is stamped on parchment paper and cut with the Spellbinders long rectangle die. I added the birds in flight as an extra touch. This card is a little more subtle than I usually make, but I thought this paper was perfect for a sympathy card.
Your next stop on the hop is Melissa Cash. Please be sure to stop by and leave her some love!
Thanks so much for your visit today and we look forward to hearing from you!
Blessings to you,