Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Very Special Thank You

Hello Friends! I want to start by saying a special thank you to all those who left sweet, kind, and inspiring words on my blog as I "hit the wall"! You will never know how much comfort and encouragement you have given me. God bless you all! I am trying to get back in the groove with this card today. The images are from a 3D sheet I found on Picasa. There are actually four layers of the focal image. I printed it out on glossy photo stock, trimmed out the layers, and mounted them with glue dots.
It involves a lot of detail cutting and a LOT of glue dots but is well worth the effort. IRL this card looks like a genuine antique. I love the vintage look and I think I will try to do some more of these to make a collection. Today this card is for all my cyber friends who have enriched my life and made the days so much brighter! You are all "Very Special Friends"! Blessings to all!
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. wow, great card, awesome coloring

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing! That really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is amazing! Love all the detail of the cut layers. Very beautiful. So glad your MoJo is back, I love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the patience it takes to do all that detailed cutting! Thanks for sharing, it does have a great vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Vicki! Glad to see you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card... would be so nice in a frame on a wall too.
    Hugs,
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love vintage looks too, and you're right, well worth the work. A gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. vicki...this is so gorgeous... andis another wonderful card from you...

    TFS!
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! See, your creative block was only temporary! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHAZAAM! That's one beautiful card. Now, that's the way to come back from "Stamper's Block"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness!! I can't believe how beautiful this turned out!!! You did a fabulous job!!! Looks like you got your mojo back in a BIG way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done! I love the layering you did. The card is so peaceful and reminds me of God's love and how he brings special people to our lives. I am glad to see that your wall is dwidling down and you can began to create again. Thanks for sharring this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This beautiful card should be framed! and if you do more similar cards what an awesome grouping that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! just....wow! Your coloring is awesome!!!! This is truly a great work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boy- I sure wish I could come out of a mojo slump with a gorgeous card like this! Wow!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your back in the groove alright!! and i agree with paige...frame it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, thanks for the beautiful card! Glad to see you are back creating---stronger than ever, right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vicki, I didn't see this before. It is a lovely card!! YOur coloring is super, and I like how you have raised the images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!