Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Silver Anniversary

Hello and welcome! Today's card was much easier to make than it was to photograph and post! No matter how I tried the lighting just didn't work and Blogger was having issues!However, I think you can still get the gist of this card made for the Sweet Dreamers Challenge #2 Reuse/Recycle. We were to make a card and use "reblessed" items. The flowers on this one are made with the Cuttlebug from the inner seal of a coffee canister. The ribbon is from a corsage I made. The edges are done with a border punch. The sentiment is embossed with silver powder. This is a large card ( 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 ) which probably explains the difficulty to photograph. I have some more seals to emboss but I will use a smaller card next time. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a blessed day!
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great card!! Love that you used the inner seal from the coffee..I would never have thought to do that!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous card - and reused pieces to boot?! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki

    Beautiful card and I love your "reblessed" item. Now I recycle just about everything and never thought about using that.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s an amazing card!!! and you took a very good pic! great work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - great recycling!! Looks terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous ... how creative! I clicked on your image for a larger view and was so glad I did ... it actually showed me all the fine detail involved in this creation! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever use of a recycled item. Love the elegance of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Beautiful Card and love that its recycled stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I have a feeling this challenge will have all of us looking twice before throwing anything away from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks awesome!!! Isn't it amazing what you can do with "junk"???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job on this. I am so bad I need to do these challenges. Make your pictures bigger, they are so pretty, want to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. clever. very clever, my friend! hee hee! I'm a starbucks girl so I don't have that particular material. But I love what you did with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow vicki! this s gorgeous..and using the coffee can liner/seal is so creative..and lovely!

    TFS!
    michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - impressive card. Pre-loved or pre-used items are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW...WOW! You are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely- you did a fabulous job with the challenge! I do not drink coffee, but will look at everything a little closer to see how I can use it/deboss it!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to use the inner seal of a coffee canister. I never would have known. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vicki, this is gorgeous! Very elegant! Who would've ever thought to use the seal from a coffee canister! The flowers are beautiful and the ribbon is very pretty! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Makes you look at your "junk" and turn it into art. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!