Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Bring the Cheese, I'll Bring the Whine!!

Hello Everyone!

If this is your first visit to Bountiful Blessings, you may want to wait for another day to visit. This is not going to be a typical post for me. If, on the other hand, you like to hear moaning and complaining...well then, get your coffee or tea, pull up a chair and get comfortable!

Those of you who know me or follow my blog know I am usually a "glass half full" kind of person! On my bad days, I may even get to "glass half empty". Well, today, I am pushing the "WHAT GLASS???" kind of day!! I normally wouldn't share this kind of day with others, but I found myself thinking, "I can't be the only one who has these days!" So, I thought I would vent a little (or a lot) here and let everyone know it's okay to have a "what glass?" kind of day. It's what you do with it that matters!

I often refer to my computer as my "significant other". With very limited vision and no driving allowed, it provides me a wonderful link to the world around me. Well now my link has a major kink! I think it's a virus but all the scans and clean-up programs say no. Everything is functioning as it should. Then why can't I get into places I have always gone before??? Why are my favorite sites freezing up or not opening at all??? I can only get to SCS like every third day! ERRR!!! Maybe I shouldn't have referred to this hunk of tech bits as my significant other! Maybe it is being a poophead just to get to me! (Can you tell I don't get out much?) At any rate, frustration is high, depression is looming, and cussing is definitely in my future!

On another note... I was thrilled to finally get an email subscription added to my blog! (Thank you, Monica!) I am using Feed Burner and I have discovered you get what you pay for! (It's free!) I noticed a sharp decline in comments first and then a real decline in hits to my blog. I thought maybe it was because I was not posting as often as I used to, but then I discovered what was happening! When Feed Burner sends the email to notify I have posted, they also send MY ENTIRE POST including pictures!! No wonder I have fewer visitors accounted for! Subscribed followers don't have to even visit the blog!! Now, you are thinking, "why don't you change the settings or go to another service?" First, you can't change the settings and second, I can't afford to pay for another service! So, I have resigned myself to the fact that folks are enjoying my blog and I am thrilled! I just won't have that ego boosting, makes it worthwhile feeling you get when you see the comments and hits move up. You know you love that feeling, too! You know you do! I craft because I love it! But, it is all the more rewarding when you read that comment or see the numbers climb!

So, I have vented some of my frustrations with my computer experiences, made everyone think "put on your big girl panties, Vicki, and get over it!" and I have made myself feel better for having shared! Now, I am going to try one more time to find this bug in my computer and I am going to keep posting my craft projects and feeling the love from all of you.

Wait a minute......is that a glass I see?? Oh, and look! It's a full glass! A full glass of blessings that fill my life on a daily basis! A full glass of love that I share with my family and friends. A full glass of love, mercy and grace that only God can give me!

So, at this point, I guess all I can say is, "NEVERMIND!!"

ETA: To all my blog group friends...I love and miss you! I still can't get on SCS but I am thinking of you all!

Blessings to you,
Vicki

11 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki, we all have days like that. We were having some trouble with our computer a while back and I know exactly how you feel. It does really make you feel cut off from the world. Hope you can find the trouble and get back on good terms with your significant other!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you whined, I enjoyed the cheese! Glad you feel better. :o)
    Keep up the good work!

    Shelley Macomber

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( sorry to hear that. I didn't get a chance to get on SCS & wish you a happy birthday, but I guess you might not have been able to see it anyway! HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear one! Are you sure about not being able to set your settings for feedburner??? How about going into the Blogger layout & deleting that gadget? Big Hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh a later happy birthday here!!! I've been away in West VA on vacation....glad you vented - we have big shoulders (: AND we've all wanted to throw our PC's a time or two (actually one of the alumni DT over on StampTV DID throw her laptop and it landed in a ton of pieces...we all enjoyed her tantrum LOL)....wish I knew more about computers to help you :(
    {{{{ hugs}}} for your encouraging spirit and seeing that glass after all !
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about feed burner or use it (well if I do I don;t know I am lol) ... its frustrating I know too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki,

    I received this post via FeedBurner :) I got it day before yesterday and I read it and it's been sitting in my email as a reminder for me to reply. You're welcome in that I helped you put Feedburner onto your blog.

    It's always good to vent about things as we are not all perfect creatures :) I know the comments went down as did mine when I added Feedburner onto my blog too. But check your Feedburner account and see how many followers you have on there too as you might be surprised.

    Comments are a great thing to read as it gives us encouragement, but just look at your hit counter too and remember that people are visiting your blog everyday. They may not comment, but they are enjoying your work.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you! I am normally a very patient person. Unless we are talking about tech gadgets and electronics. I mean they just need to work when I press the button, right? It amazes my husband that I have such a low tolerance when it comes to these things. Hopefully your comments will pick back up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Computers are such a pain! I deleted my blog visit counter! I do not care about how many visits I get anymore- I just like seeing all of the nice comments and hi's people leave now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, don't you just HATE technology when it won't co-operate!!!

    Sounds like you want to get shot of this feeder thing

    Hugs from Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vent away! My grandma always said "better out than bottled in." Sometimes we just need to get it out. And I think we've all had ones of those days...most likely more than one. Hell...I've had a year of them. One thing after another.

    Did you get your PC fixed? I hope so. Did you try using another browser? After I updated to the latest version of IE...every site would freeze. I never us it anymore. I use Google Chrome and not one problem. Let me know if you got it fixed..maybe I can help. Pretty good at pc techie stuff. You can email me at:dreamsembellished@gmail.com
    Sande

    Oh...belated Happy Birthday. We share that in common.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki,

    I found you through my good cyber friend Mary. I have very much enjoyed reading your blog...I swear I've said the same things!!! I'm going to come back and read more when I have time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!