Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Marcus!


Hello and Happy Monday!

What a beautiful weekend we just had! Spring is just an awesome time...except for the allergies, of course! I got to share great times with family and friends this weekend! Hope yours was fun, too!

The card I have to share with you today was made for an older boy whose grandparents and aunt are close friends of mine. The granddad retired from the railroad so I thought this train station DP was perfect for the background! I used Kraft cardstock for the base, adhered the DP and rounded the corners. The sentiment was stamped on a gold vellum tag cut with Nesties. The ribbon slide was also cut from the vellum with a Nesties die. The name is written with a CM marker. A fun and simple card for a dear young man!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! It is always a joy to share my projects with you! Please do come back often and let me know what you are thinking about the projects you see here!

Blessings to you,
Vicki

18 comments:

  1. It's a great card!
    I love the background.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful dp!!! couldnt be more perfect! I'm sure he will love it...hope your allergies arent hitting you too hard!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage feel of this card, Vicki..it's very masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one, Vicki! It is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so different - and wonderful! How clever of you. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic masculine card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever man card, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic masculine card! Really like that dp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You r right, that DP is perfect for the birthday card. I absolutely love it. I love that look anyway and you have really done it a justice with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific paper for the railroad theme! He's going to love it and its so thoughtful of you to send it for his birthday!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat bunch of memorobilia to make a card most suitable for a young man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card- love the paper sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. his is a great boy card, love that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just so special. Make personalized cards is one thing I love about this hobby. You did such a great job making this card personal with the railroad paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great, that railroad paper is just perfect. Love the vellum tag, I never think to use vellum, it adds such a nice touch. Love the whole vintage feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!