Saturday, June 20, 2009

Western Note Cards

This is one of several note card sets I made for my friend with a bed and breakfast horse ranch. I used all occasion sentiments on a faux woodgrain background. The set of four was inked on white cardstock and matted to black. I also stamped matching envelopes. I made a simple holder with two inside pockets from an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of brown cardstock. The images on the front are inked in white on black cardstock. I also sponged white ink around the outside edges and matted it to the brown folder. I then attached a black satin ribbon as an accent. I love doing theme projects such as these. It gets those creative juices flowing again. Many thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a blessed day! Y'all come back now, ya hear!
Click on pic to enlarge-
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Fun cards and such a neat technique!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That f aux wood grain is so cool and absolutely perfect for your card set. Your friend will love these. Very sweet gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to stamping (sort of) so there is still a lot a lot I don't know! But geeze louise-- white ink!! (i say this cause I work in printing and we always tell people there is no such thing as white ink...) This is neat! Honestly I knew they had it because I saw it at Michaels but I didn't know how well it worked so I've with held from buying it. This convinces me to buy, tho!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!