Monday, June 29, 2009

Vintage Frame

Hello and welcome! Today I have a card that is fairly time consuming but definitely worth it. I got the main idea from a Martha Stewart segment on vintage frame cards. The template is available at her website. I would love to put a link in for you, but I haven't figured out how yet. Of course, I never have all the gadgets and papers that she has access to, so, I improvised with my own stash. I used gray card stock for the base. The pink layer is cut by the template and the floral layer is cut smaller. You need to have double-sided paper or cardstock for the top layer as the design shows when you "peel" back the opening.I antiqued all the edges with gold marker and gold ink. I then used basic brass brads coated in antique brown embossing powder for the accent. I thought about ribbon but decided the frames were "busy" enough already. The image is a digital find that I played with to get the pink copy. This is a large card. It measures 8" x 6". You can add an easel to the back and it is beautiful to display. It can also be framed and hung if you like. Like I said, the time and effort was worth it as you have created a keepsake not just a card. For my next attempt, I hope to use a family photo and create a keepsake for my family!! Thanks for stopping! Let me know what you think of this card! Blessings to you!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the peeled back paper on the frame :) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I admire those of you who take so much time on a card......and they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!