Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I wanted to make a card for all the motorcycle fans in our family and among our friends.This card is based with black cardstock and matted with brown. Instead of kraft paper, the embossed image and sentiment are stamped with SU black craft ink on cardboard that was once a tube wrapped in bath tissue. You got it! A toilet paper roll! It takes the ink beautifully and embosses better than cardstock! The front panel of the card and the other papers all have torn edges to enhance the masculine theme. Antique brads are added to the four corners. Burlap thread is used to make the ribbon accent. This is a simple card but one I think will be accepted nicely by the dads who receive them. Hope you all have a blessed day and you never run out of cardboard tubes!! Click on image to enlarge.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Wow Mom...you never cease to amaze me!! That boot card for Janice was incredible!! Can't wait to see what kind of Father's Day card Jamey gets...lol. Love ya and miss ya bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mom...you never cease to amaze me!! Love you and miss you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for manly card Ideas! Thanks for sharing!!

    S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!