Monday, May 3, 2010

Vintage Birthday

Good Monday Morning All!
Hope you had a good weekend!

Sadly, we had far too much rain in Tennessee and many have lost their homes in the flooding. Please keep these folks in your prayers!

I wanted to share a card today that was made for a dear friend of my mother's. I started with a creme color base and added the cornflower printed paper as the background. The hat and stand was cut from creme colored brocaded wallpaper using the Heritage cartridge for the Cricut.The shoe was cut with the Tie the Knot cartridge and colored with chalks. The colors are much closer than the camera shows. The sentiment was stamped in Brocade Blue SU Craft ink and embossed in clear powder. I also sponged the edges of the Nesties label with the blue. All the accents and sentiment were raised on dimensionals. I love the vintage feel of this card! It was a perfect card for this friend as she collects antiques.

Hope you have enjoyed stopping by today and you will visit again soon! Always a joy to have folks share their time here. It is much appreciated! Have a great and creative week!

Blessings to you,
Vicki
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. it truly is wonderfully vintage! how perfect for her!
    it really is sad what all the rain has done -hope you arent affected...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty card...I love the vintage style hat die cut and the pretty design paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely soft, pretty card.

    Shocking to hear of the flooding and problems, I'm certainly keeping those affected in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily we have a pump in the basement that's pumping out water like crazy right now. Our basement would have flooded had we not had that pump! We still have water running down the street--we're on the bottom slope of a hill.

    Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you- Ms. Cricut! I don't have this cart, but I do like the images. Scared of you when you get your hands on the DS I'm sending ya! (So glad it was you :) I had to double check it WAS you, & was so thrilled you were the one :) Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is delightful- fun card! I have been thinking of you- hoe you are not affected by the flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Vicki, you're doing great with the cricut. Love the vintage hat stand on here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, way to work the cricut! Love the vintage feel of this, perfect for a lady who collects antiques, she'll love it. Hope you are staying safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how pretty!!!! soooooooooo girly :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!