Monday, May 10, 2010

M is for Mary

Happy Monday All!

Hope all the Moms had a fantastic Mother's Day! I was blessed to be with my Mom and one of my daughters and two of my grandchildren! We had beautiful weather and a fun time at a neighbor's cookout!

The card I am sharing today was made for my dear friend Mary. She is so special to me! She is always there for me, drives me wherever I need (or want) to go, and is a true Sister in Christ! A birthday card for her was a joy to make! It is a 6 x 6 card made with cardstock from a K&Co collection. I cut a window in the center and curled the pieces back. I used mini copper brads to hold the curls in place. I then cut another piece of the cardstock for the backing. I added a border in coordinating cardstock cut with a MS border punch. The M was cut from gold textured cardstock with the Cricut. Inside I adhered a computer generated verse printed on Swiss dot cardstock and colored with chalk to coordinate with the floral print. I didn't have an envelope for this size and thickness of card, but I was able to make one from a 12 x 12 sheet of coordinating paper. This design is a favorite of mine and I was very pleased with this result! Best of all, Mary loved it!!

Hope you all have a terrific week! Take time to tell those important to you that you love them! And, if you have a special friend like Mary, be sure to give them a call or send a card to let them know how precious they are to you! Friends like these are a treasure!

Blessings to you,
Vicki





Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Vicki that's a very beautiful card!
    A card for a special person.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Vicki. I love the beautiful prints and the initial on the front. Mary is lucky to have a friend like you! So glad you were with so much family on Mother's day, must have been fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is just gorgeous...such a great card for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty card Vicki :) So glad you had a great Mother's Day! Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and elegant! A good friend is hard to find, so glad you have Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card with Beautiful papers! How thoughtful of you to make such a beautiful card for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh isnt this just gorgeous - I can see your love for your friend - so special - so glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day too!
    love this card Vicki!!!
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Vicki, your friend will love this. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very special and beautiful card a very special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Vicki.. and you are a very special friend to make this for Mary. Hope you are well, Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful, springlike, happy card for your friend Vicki, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure your friend will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!!! I love the vintage feel (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!