Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jamey!!

Hello Everyone!

Hope your week is going well!

Today's card is the birthday card I made for my awesome son-in-law! He, my daughter and grandson are stationed in Germany for a few more weeks. He has done two tours in Iraq and will be leaving for Afghanistan in the Fall. He is definitely my hero! They are all heroes to me!

I started with a kraft card base. The camouflage background and the dog tag are die cuts from the Stand and Salute Cricut cartridge. I used three colors of stock for the background. The sentiment is stamped with a Hero Arts stamp and embossed! I used a chain from a keyring for the dog tag. This card was so much fun to put together and Jamey loved it! Hope you like it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great week and I hope a creative one!

Blessings to you,
Vicki
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card for you Son in law. He is defintely a hero. Love how you created the background on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Happy Birthday and wonderful blessings to your son in law. Please extend my thanks to him for serving our country. He is really going to love this card!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!!! Love your background - great job on creating that (I know it would've been much easier to use a camo DP, but this totally makes the difference) GRAET job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your son and his family- what a wonderful card you made for him! What a perfect B-day card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! What a terrific job you did with the camouflage background! I would have been lazy & used Patterned Paper ;) but yours looks perfect. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is such a thoughtful keepsake..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my prayers and thankfulness go out to them both! Hope he has a wonderful birthday! you did an outstanding job on this one (as usual!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card and sentiment - they are heroes to all of us. We are so thankful for men and women of this caliber. I'm sure he'll love and treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tribute to our American heros.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and yes, he and his comrades are heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this Birthday card!!

    BTW what part of E. Tenn, are you in. I was born in Kingsport.

    Have a Blessed Day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!