Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday


Hello and Welcome!

How is your day going? Good I hope! It's a special day for our family as my Mom celebrates her 82nd birthday today! No, she won't disown me for telling her age!! She will gladly tell you herself! LOL! We are thankful we made it another year and have no qualms about our age! I made her a special birthday card and you can see it here! She and a dear friend, who has a birthday on the 29th, got to spend the day yesterday being treated to a spa manicure and pedicure and then lunch.
I think my friend, Mary, and I had a better time than they did just watching them be pampered and petted! It was a wonderful day and a great memory maker!

We have lots of Spring birthdays for our family and friends so, I have been kept busy making cards and gift card holders. The card I am sharing today is one of my favs 'cause I love anything to do with birds! I started with a white card stock base and adhered the Spring DP. The bird and cage are cut with my Cricut. I added a pearl dot for the eye and a sheer ribbon at the top. The sentiment is stamped and then punched with a deckle square punch. The border is punched with an EK Success punch.

I plan to share some more of the cards I am making for the birthdays this month, so, please hurry back and let me know you were here! I love getting your feedback and suggestions for the blog, the pics, or the projects! We are halfway thru this week, and I hope you have a wonderful few days until we celebrate the blessed day of Easter!

Blessings to you,
Vicki

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Vicki, love that border punch. Cute bird cage too. Are you enjoying the cricut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Vicki... I love green and white. The card for your mum's birthday is beautiful too... all your cards are beautiful, I would be lost in choosing which is the best.
    I wish we had such nice punches where I live.
    Blessings to you!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Vicki. Love that birdcage and pearl eye, so lovely. Hope your mom has a wonderful birthday today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents are the same age as your Mom! I hope she has a Happy Birthday! I love the card- especially the bird and birdcage- very nice- love the sentiment too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. I especially like the border. Nice touch!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bird cages too. Yours goes so well with the background paper. Just want to thank you again for all the wonderful comments you leave on my blog...I'm flattered by your compliments!! {{hugs}} Micki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so proud of you workin' your Cricut! I'm obsessed with birdcages (images- not the real ones!) so your card caught my eye right away. Beautiful job! Happy Birthday to Mommy :) Big Hugs to ya xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your mom! 82 is a wonderful age to be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!