Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Easter!


Hello Friends!

We had a great time Saturday with our church's Senior group, The KeenAgers! It was an afternoon filled with fun, food and fellowship! We always try to have some little goodies as party favors and take home treats. I thought I would share those with you today!

We were fortunate to find chocolate crosses at a nominal price, but to add to the treat, I stamped an Easter card and adhered it to the back of each box. It covered up the nutritional info; but, if you are eating chocolate, does it really matter?!?!? LOL!! We placed one of these at each table setting. We also made up treat bags for everyone. I was able to find these cute bags at the dollar store. I love the colors! In each bag we included various bite size types of candy, a chocolate bunny, a notepad, a pencil, a mini drum ( that you play by rolling in your hands and says "make a joyful noise"), a seed packet and a plastic egg with an Easter penny and poem inside! The Easter penny poem reads:

Here is an Easter penny
All shiny and new
To remind you of your blessings
At Easter and all year, too!

Happy Easter

These were a big hit with everyone! I share these things because I know many of you work with church groups. If you are like me, you are always looking for ideas for those groups. It seems to get harder each year to come up with new projects! So, I hope I have offered some inspiration for your next church gathering! If you have tried and true projects that have worked for you, please let me know! Maybe we should start a project idea swap! How fun!

I hope you have a great week ahead and you are blessed to meet with some Senior KeenAgers of your own! What a treasure!

Blessings to you,
Vicki



6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful treat Vicki, no wonder everyone loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, what an awesome treat! Good job, Vicki!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be kind to the old and in turn old will be kind to you!!!! happy Easter, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas and sounds like you had a lot of fun!!! Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the comment about covering up the nutritional info! That has been my biggest laugh today, thanks for that! Great projects though, and your card goes with your chocolate beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tat is fabulous! What a great gifty idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!