Monday, February 15, 2010

Glitterbees Challenge

Hello and Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend and got to share some great time with their Valentine!

I have the honor to be hostess for the Glitterbess challenge this time around! The card today is my interpretation of our next challenge! The challenge is to make a shaped card! However, the shape can be anything but a square or rectangle!! That means it can be a circle, a diamond, an apple, a car....wherever your mind and inspiration lead you! There are some great shape cards on Mel Stampz under Templates, on Google search, as well as YouTube.

My card uses the Martha Stewart resized flower templates from Mel's blog. There are five different size flowers and I layered them all. I started with the largest and cut it on the fold to form the card base in white card stock. The other layers are cut from wallpaper. The green layers are edged with a gel pen. The floral layers are edged with Stickles. The card layer is edged on top with sea green bead trim. The back of the card is edged with lace trim. I also cut another large flower to use on back to cover the lace edge. Gluing the trims was a bit tricky and took some drying time, but the results were worth it! All the layers are attached with glue dots. The final touch is an antique button added to the center of the card.

This card was made for a lady very dear to me! Just being near her makes my heart sing! She makes my world a much better place to be! And, although her birthday isn't until March, I wanted to share her card with you now. Don't worry! Mom doesn't do computers or visit blogs!! LOL!!

I hope you enjoyed what you have seen here today and you will join us in this challenge! You can visit our challenge blog and link your card. We would love to see what you have created! You have until the end of February to post your card for this challenge. We have new challenges the first and the fifteenth of each month! You don't have to be a Glitterbee to participate so come on over and join us!

Thank you so much for your visit today! It is always so special when you drop by! We'll keep the light on for ya! (But don't look for the motel sign...look for the creeks and cats!!)

Blessings to you,
Vicki
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. soooo right up my alley! Thanks for a great challenge Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Vicki. I will have to think on this one but I'll definitely be using my cricut does that count? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Vickie! It looks like it could be worn as a broach too!!! Love the pearls and the lace!
    Thanks for the anniversary wishes too!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work on this awesome layered blossom!! Great job, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you layering- fantastic!!! Love your flower, what a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card! You did great on being the hostess. I love the flower you did. Mel has great ideas and templates. You put it to wonderful use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented! Your Christmas wreath was the highlight of my Christmas card photos! I love your creativity :)

    Thanks for hittin' up my blog! It's fun to talk about the mundane occurances of everyday life.... ;)

    Kisses and hugs! Keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Vicki, this is fabulous. Your Mom will LOVE this, so pretty and elegant. Never would have thought to use wall paper, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki this is so pretty, I love the colors and the layers came together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the creek and I hear the cats meow...am I close?? You have posted a great challenge...now I have to live up to your great card with one of my own??? Beautiful job Vicki.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty vicki, you should make it into a pin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, how totally amazing! Great challenge and such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty!! I agree with Loretta you should make it into a pin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge. I definitely have to think outside the box (square and rectangle) sometimes. I really like what you did with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmmmm, making us think!! purpose of a challenge, right!! LOL
    yours is so beautiful - I echo the others - it could be a pin!!
    will work on this one for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! What a lovely card to give someone so special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty Vicki! A glitter card for a Glitterbee challenge, clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card - so original Vicki. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vicki, this is so pretty!! Love the flowers and pearls and lace-just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Every time that I come to visit you and see that beautiful header on your blog I want to move to Tennessee.. it's a lovely pic. And, your card is darling Ms DIVA!! Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great and beautiful flower card. I may try this some day. Very pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!