Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Keep On Rollin'


Hello Friends!

I have a fun card to share with you today! I was asked to make a birthday card for a friend's roller skating buddy. The really neat thing about this group of skaters is they are all Seniors and the oldest is 93! It is amazing to see them circle the floor like they do! I can barely stand on roller skates, much less look good at it!

I started with a Kraft cardstock base and layered patterned paper from my stash. I rounded the outside corners on both pieces. Next, I distressed all the edges and sponged them with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I used the Cricut Wild Card cartridge to cut the "It's Your Day". The skate was cut with the Cricut Sports Mania cart. It is actually an ice skate pattern, so, I cut it in shadow and then trimmed off the blade. I punched the shoestring holes with a 1/16th punch and threaded them with red twine (from the dog food bag!). Then I added a little bow at the top. The edges of the skate are embossed with black powder. I used circle punches to make the wheels and the stop. Those are edged with gold glimmer pen. I added crease lines, stitch lines and sponged a sort of shadow on the skate with the Distress ink. I then attached it to the card with dimensionals. Keep on Rollin' is written with a calligraphy pen. Finally, I added brown striped grosgrain ribbon to the top and bottom. A Happy Birthday sentiment is stamped inside. I love the finished look! I think this is what my friend was asking for, and it should be just the right card for a male skater!

Hope you enjoyed your visit today! Please come back often and let me know what you think! I appreciate all your comments and suggestions! It is part of the learning and growing experience for me and my craft projects!

Have a great week and I will leave you now with~

Bountiful Blessings
Vicki

23 comments:

  1. How cute, the roller skater will love this! Glad to see you crafting Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, I am sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job! I live the distressing and details! Great card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to turn the ice skate to a roller skate!! Great card! I'd love to see that group skating together!! How fun!
    Hope the You and the new doggy are doing well :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this card, so fun! Your new puppy looks adorable, btw!!

    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, excellent card. I love love it. You did such a great job on the skate and the floor under the skate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, Vicki!
    Such a fun card!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nonagenarian skaters - wow! What a fun card, this is great

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable! Such a fun card, brings an instant smile when I remember all my years of roller skating and blading! Beautifully done :) Your new puppy is absolutley the cutest! Best wishes with your new lil bundle! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering which cart had a roller skate??? Leave it up your brilliant mind to alter the ice skate!!! brilliant! I know they will be thrilled with the card- it's fab :) Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute! Love the laced up skate and the fun colors. I"m sure your friend's skating buddy will love it! Congrats on your new puppy, too! What a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicki, what a great and fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, what a sweet card! I love the fact that these ladies are still moving along at their age. Kudos to them. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card turned out great!! What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card - love the roller skate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, now, this is just adorable!!!! That rollerskate brings back such wonderful childhood memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card...nicely done! Love the skate and the reason you made this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!