Sunday, September 26, 2010

For Quintin...Football Is Life!


Hello Friends!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We are finally getting some much needed rain!

Today's card was made for my grandson, Quintin. He just played starting quarterback for the first time (as a junior) on the varsity team! He played the entire game and they won!! 10-0!! We are so proud of him! The entire team was so supportive and they all rallied as a great team!

Quintin is not just a good football player but a wonderful young man. He works hard at school, helps his single mom with a much younger sister and two foster siblings, smiles for everyone and, best of all, he is not ashamed of his relationship with God! At sixteen, he is quite the fellow!! OK, I'm through bragging now! I just can't help it when it comes to my grandchildren!!

I started with a base card of SU Brilliant Blue. I layered white cardstock next with a punched and faux stitched border. A layer of stashed patterned paper was next. The football player was made with a clipart image. The sentiment was cut with the Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge. A simple card, but I thought I should let my grandson know I was proud of him!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! It is always a joy to hear from you! Hope you will come again! Have a wonderful week and I send you all...

Blessings,
Vicki

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to him on his win! That's so great!! Wonderful to read that he is such a great young man too. He will LOVE this card :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will love this card...it's wonderful! Yes, I will have to come south and visit with you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's super fun!!! I'm sure he is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's great! Not only the card, but that you have such a great young man in your life.

    Thank you so much for your comments on my "Invisible Illness" post. I cannot tell you how much your words of support mean to me. You kindness and friendship mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki, glad to see you creating again. Sounds like a wonderful grandson you have there. What great characteristics he possesses. Can't help but think some of that comes from you! Bet he loved this thoughtful card.
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great card for a boy! I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this fabulous card- what a blessing this young man sound like! How nice to make him a card- yep Football is life here too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey I popped in to say Hi and realize my comment that I thought I left here for your GS's card wasnt here....so let me say again...I love it (-:
    hi friend, thank you so much for your sweet encouraging comments on my blog! hope things are well with you,
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card for a fabulous young man

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!