Today's post is the challenge for the Glitterbees Blog Group! We were to use green, pink and blue in our project. I went a step further and challenged myself to make my first acrylic card! Whew! Definitely a learning experience! Still another challenge was trying to photograph it! I have so much to learn! I have to say, however, that I am glad I tried it. I will try it again someday, too, but not this week!!
I started with a transparency sheet and cut it to a standard card base. I then scored it and folded it in half. Now's when the fun started! I used a 1 1/2 " and a 2" scallop punch to cut circles from embossed card stock. I had the layout in my mind but covering the adhesive was going to be tricky. I went back to my old friends, glue dots, and managed to get the circles where I wanted them. I used a white brad for the center of the flower and adhered it the same way. The white scallop you see in the background is an oval punched piece which I adhered to the back side of the card. This gave me a place to add a greeting and signature. I used my stampamajig to line up the sentiment which is stamped with black StazOn ink. The ribbon is from Basic Grey and I used my glue dots once again. The layout is not my favorite but it let me learn about working with the acrylic without too much stress!
Since I know enough about photography to fill a thimble with your thumb in it, I guess my hardest challenge was the picture. I tried several backgrounds and angles but I just couldn't get the outline of the card to be seen. I comforted myself with the fact that it is supposed to be CLEAR and to go with my best shot! You photographers out there can feel free to leave your pity remarks in the comments! I'm a big girl...I can take it!!
Thanks so much for coming to visit today and sharing my learning experience! Each of you is special to me and YOU BLESS ME! Please come back by when you can. Next time, I may even try an acrylic album!! .........Nah!
Blessings to you,