Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Faith

Hello to all! Hope your week is going well!

Today's card is a fairly simple one but with a bold statement. Faith is something we all have in one form or another. So many of us seem to be facing tests and trials these days. I thought this stamp of the church made a bold statement on its own but, combined with the one word "Faith", I thought it really spoke to me. Faith is the one thing that can help us all manage whatever life throws at us. It is a source of strength that can make any trial bearable. One small word but with big meaning!

I started this card with an ivory card base. I then layered patterned paper over that. It's very subtle but I then stamped onto the background with scripture verses. The church was stamped next. I stamped the church again on ivory card stock, embossed it, and cut it out. I then placed the cut out image over the stamped image with dimensionals. The word Faith was also stamped on ivory card stock and embossed. It, too, is adhered with dimentionals. I thought about adding other embellishments but everything seemed to take away from the focal image or lessen the impact.

I thank each of you for stopping by today and I hope in some way you may have been inspired. I love a project with all the bells and whistles and bows and bling. I just felt today's image had the strength to stand on its own. Keep the Faith!

Blessings to you,
Vicki
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Love the background on this - very cool! And your're Fun Puddles is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love how you did the worded background! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Vicki. Love the background paper stamped with the verses, looks beautiful! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty- and what an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great message. I like the stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the background on this fab card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card- so true your comments about about Faith! I love all of the scripture/faith words stamped on the BG. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the background on this, it does really set off the word faith and the church.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome background for this powerful card, Vicki! Beautiful, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scripture stamps made such a rich background for this image. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific Vickie! I love the background and the subtle verses!! Beautiful!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. just wonderful! what would we do without FAITH !!! love how you did your background...this card looks so vintage with a collage feel" ....beautiful work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I would frame it and put it on display!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki,

    It's a beautiful card. You're right, it stands well on it's own. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Remarkable and a great reminder too. :) I grew up in a little country church and this card reminds me of those days. The church I go to today is so large and modern looking. Just not the same country feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!