Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful Days !!

Hello Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was truly blessed as we gathered with dear friends and shared a delicious buffet feast! For those who could still move, we cleared the table and brought out the sales flyers! There were five pounds of those things in our local paper! Five pounds!! Imagine the trees we could have saved! But, being the people we are, we succumbed to the urge to shop! We made our lists and then made plans for Black Friday! We left at 4:30 AM the next morning and shopped til we dropped! Literally! We found a few bargains, but mostly just enjoyed ourselves looking and watching. There are going to be some very happy children come Christmas morning if what we saw is an indication!

I hope each of you had a fun relaxing time (once the food was served) and were able to be with ones you love for this very special holiday!

Even though we get caught up in the hooplah of the business world, we still take the time to share what we are thankful for. I am most thankful for my Savior who died for me that I may have eternal life. I am also thankful for the eyesight I have been left with. I so enjoy my crafting and cooking and seeing all those I love and hold dear. Which leads to my gratitude for each of you! You make my world such a better place with your love, support and inspiration! Each day is enriched by your thoughts, comments and suggestions! God bless you!

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company....wait! That's a song, isn't it?!?! Sorry Mickey! Now it's time to concentrate on my favorite time of year. I love everything about the Christmas season! I love celebrating the birth of our Lord and the giving spirit we all share! I pray that each of you knows the beauty and peace of this holiday all year through!!

Blessings to you,
Vicki
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to know you had such a blessed and happy thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed BF !! I didnt do that this year, opted to sleep in and just spent family time...love that plant! wow, it loves that spot...look at all those blossoms..i'm lucky to get 5 or 6 blooms!!!
    blessings to you GF! hugs :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, so happy to hear that your Thanksgiving was such a special one and that you are looking forward to the Christmas spirit!
    I just looked at your lovely covered notebooks and they are fabulous...what a great idea.
    I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictue on your new header, that is so pretty. Wow, shopping at 4:30, you are brave than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture- I got up a little early for FCD 50% off....before work, so I did not shop anymore than that...... I love your thoughts- Keep your eyes on Jesus the Savior!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every one! Have a wonderful day!